2. If you are new to Google Analytics, you will be guided through the set up of your first Tracking ID. For existing Google Analytics users, you can set up a new Tracking ID by selecting the "Admin" tab and choosing "Create new property" in the Property section.
3. Provide details of your website and click "Get Tracking ID".
4. The Tracking ID is usually prefixed with UA- followed by a series of digits. Copy the Tracking ID shown in your website's properties.
5. Log in to your TicketSource dashboard and select the "Settings |Analytics and Tracking" menu option. Tick the option "Enable Google Analytics tracking on box office pages", enter the Tracking ID and click "save changes".
Cross Domain Tracking with Google Analytics
Google Analytics supports seamless tracking of customer sessions from your own website through to the TicketSource website with cross domain tracking. To implement cross domain tracking, you will need to follow the additional steps below:
1. Add the Google Analytics code to each page on your website, replacing UA-XXXXXXX-X with your Tracking ID.
2. If you are using the embedded Ticket Shop app on your website, use the following Google Analytics code (in place of step 1) to the page on your website where the ticket shop app resides, replacing UA-XXXXXXX-X with your Tracking ID.
3. Log in to your TicketSource dashboard and select the "Settings |Analytics and Tracking" menu option. Provide the domain name of your website (e.g. mycompany.com) in the linked domain and click "save changes".
4. To prevent Google Analytics from creating a new tracking session when passing from your website to the TicketSource website i.e. to maintain a single, seamless tracking session between your website and the TicketSource website, you must add ticketsource.co.uk to the referral exclusion list in your Google Analytics account.
In your Google Analytics account, select the "Admin" tab, choose "Property Settings" > "Tracking Info" > "Referral Exclusion List" in the Property section and click "Add Referral Exclusion".
5. Enter ticketsource.co.uk in the domain box and click "Create"