In the unfortunate instance of an Event cancellation you will need to cancel the event within your account so that we can process the customer refunds.
When cancelling an event with TicketSource you need to follow these steps:
- Go to "Events" | "Cancel Event"
- Choose which event you wish to cancel from the drop down menu
- Select the reason you wish to give for cancelling the event (if you select "other" you will be provided with a text box to add the reason for cancellation
- This option will appear in the template email (in the dotted grey box) and will be sent to all customers who have provided an email.
- Select whether the handling fee will be deducted from the refunds or payable by the event organiser (if you wish to cover this cost, you will be presented with a secure way to pay for the handling fees by credit/debit card and a receipt will be issued to you) - If you have not taken any online bookings the option will not appear as it will not be applicable to in-house bookings*
- Click the "Cancel Event" button
We will only refund bookings made via TicketSource. Refunds include the booking fee less a £1.00 handling fee (per transaction) unless paid by the Event Organiser.
Telephone service fees and/or ticket delivery fees are not refundable.
All sundry items will also be included, however they will appear as a separate transaction on customers statements.
Based on the information that you have provided, TicketSource will automatically email ALL of your customers immediately (where an email address has been provided) and notify them of this cancellation. Customers will also be provided with your email address to send any questions regarding the cancellation.
Please note that it can take between 7-10 working days for the refund to appear back on the customer's card.
*The Event Organiser is required to handle the refunds of cash and cheque bookings or any sales processed via their own merchant facilities (if applicable).
If you fail to follow this procedure and refund bookings yourself, they will be net of booking fees. Once refunded, TicketSource is not able to refund booking fees retroactively.
Refund requests for other instances (i.e customer no longer able to attend, etc) must be handled by the Event Organiser and will be net of the booking fee(s) and delivery/service charges.